Saturday, October 16, 2010

Rune Factory Oceans...Hells Yeah!

I apologize for this blog entry being a little late, but this is something I couldn't not blog about...when I read about Rune Factory Oceans I jumped for joy! I was delighted, screamed, and cried a tears of joy on the inside. I'll be honest for me the Harvest Moon series has become a little stale, but the Rune Factory games have kept me hanging on. To be more exact, it was Rune Factory Frontier that completely revived my love and zest to farm (along with the whole monster killing). Rune Factory Frontier was my Game of the Year last year and it was an easy game to sink over 100 hours into if you wanted to, and the thing was you actually did. The game had an excellent cast of characters - versatile, eclectic, quirky - they made you want to leave your farm and socialize every day. Not to mention, the discoveries you had to uncover on your own. I felt like I was my own Sherlock Holmes constantly investigating every aspect of the land and uncovering new secrets all the time. So, if Rune Factory Oceans turns out to be even better than Rune Factory Frontier - I am going to be one happy camper.

Here's what's cool: exploring the game's oceans...there's a lot that they can do here and I'm interested to see how it will pan out. Details are still scarce, but it really makes me wonder if I'm going to have battles on the sea and whatnot, will I be exploring the ocean as far dungeons go? Another cool thing is exploring the game's ocean takes place on the back of a giant! Um, say what? Is the giant acting as your boat? Is he my pirate ship? It's just *that* crazy and quirky and I absolutely love it! The Rune Factory series isn't afraid to go big and do crazy things that are outside of the box, so I'm interested to see how this will pan out exactly. I mean, the giant can even move islands around. We all know how fond I am about being a pirate and this game just might combine enough of my favorite things to be a total win in my book!

So far, it's looking like there are a lot of possibilities with this game. I'm also happy to hear it will not only be on the Wii, but also on the PlayStation 3, which will support Move. I'm really tempted to try it for the PS3, just to get a different flavor. I don't own Move yet, but I'm guessing by the time this reaches the US I will. So the question is...are you as excited as I am? Do you think this will measure up to Rune Factory Frontier? I think Rune Factory Oceans will be a step up and I can't wait to see what it will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment